Here you can keep a track on the latest trends in the IoT industry
IoT market facts and predictions
- ATMs are considered some of the first IoT objects, and went online as far back as 1974.
- Back in 2008, there were already more objects connected to the Internet than people.
- By 2020, the number of connected devices is expected to grow to more than 50 billion objects, according to “Cisco”
- Just 10% of the cars were connected to the Internet in 2012. By 2020, it’s estimated to reach 90%
- “GE” estimates that IoT technology for industry has the potential to add $10 to $15 trillion to global GDP over the next 20 years.
- According to “The Economist” 30% of the chief level executives believe IoT will unlock new revenues from already existing products or services.